Saturday, December 6, 2008

At the tree farm

We went and got our tree today and I have to say this was the funnest year yet as far as Hayden is concerned. I remember this was about the age Conner LOVED going as well. Well this year all 3 boys (Rod included) were equally excited. We went to a farmwith my mom, sister and niece that some people from our church own and are donating 1/2 the proceeds from the trees, the money goes to Royal family kids camp, which provides a camp for kids who are in foster care and have been badly abused by their birth parents, while at this camp they have a one huge birthday party together with cake and present s for all. they have a week filled at a real camp (canby grove) . This camp is all run by volunteers and they are truley amazing people, they get probably as much joy volunteering as the kids do from attending. I hope to volunteer next summer.
I just cant imagaine not having the loving home that I had growing up. I have the best mom in the world as well as brothers and sisters and while we didnt have a lot material wise, we had such a great time. I dont know how my mom did it but she ALWAYS did. Holidays were the best and my childhood was filled with so many great memories and thats how it should be. Y ou dont need money to show your kids love and teach respect and compassion for others, you just need a parent whose willing to go to bat for you no matter what it takes, no matter how hard it may be, because they believe your worth it so with that I want to say "Thanks mom, I love you".
Happy holidays
Love, Helen



































No comments: