Monday, December 1, 2008

My first blog..................oh my!

Wow, What a wild weekend, The Beavs lost their shorts to the ucks (no, I mean UCKS), but in all fairness we beat their azzes the last 2 years so I guess it OK. ;o)

So I'm having a really hard time getting into the Christmas spirit. Iv gave to charitys, helped others and I still feel blah. I miss My family who has passed, my brother, my stepdad and yes even Conners dad Curtis. My mom says I just cant go there or I'll let it consume me. I know shes right, but the heart wants what the heart wants right?

Hayden has been dye free 6 weeks now and all we can say is.....WOW, I mean hes still your average 3 3/4 year old but to think they almost diagnosed and treated my almost 4 yr old for ADHD with meds. Im just shocked all other countries can use natural things to dye foods but not the U.S. , things need to change, no wonder so many kids are screwed up. Its not as big of a challenge as I thought it would be. However he had a bday party to go to this weekend and they had a DORA cake with every dye you could imagine and I had to plan ahead, I took him to Whole foods and let him pick out a fancy cupcake and funny thing is all the kids wanted Hayden's cupcake..........go figure. If you want more info ont his topic this lady has dedicated her blog to this cause.....http://fooddyediaries.blogspot.com/search?q=

Conner is doing good he loves church, he has an awesome youth leader and has really connected. He can always do better in school, he has so much potential but he wastes alot of it, He is such a smart kid and will go very far in life if he lights the fire under his rear. :O) until then i ride his butt daily! oy vey!

Rod got new glasses and looks amazing, also its a real bonus not to have super glue holding them together lol :O)

I have been taking a class at Bally total fitness called Total health, this is my last week. Thursday Ill get weighed, measured and my body fat tested. I know Im down 13.5 pds and 2 weeks ago we "unoffically measured' and I was down 7.2 inches in my waist and hips combined so Im pretty excited to see the final numbers. The class breaks for Christmas and then we are back in January, keep praying for me. Rod and Conner have even joined Ballys.

Sorry for the novel, this is exciting to have place to vent. Ill add pics when I fuigure it out. :)

Love, Helen

3 comments:

Christine said...

Yay for you having a blog Helen. I'm so glad that you've been able to avoid meds and find the real culprit to Hayden's behavior issues.
Congrats on your weight loss too! That's awesome!

Krazycricket21 said...

WOOT, way to go with the weight loss!

John W Leys said...

wow, they'll let anyone have a blog these days... ;)

john